What is green day cafe?
GREEN DAY CAFE IS AN ECO-FRIENDLY FAST FOOD RESTAURANT THAT IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING A "HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE TO TRADITIONAL FAST FOOD". GREEN DAY CAFE DIFFERENTIATES ITS OPERATIONS FROM OTHER RESTAURANTS THROUGH ITS HOLISTIC ECO-FRIENDLY APPROACH TO BUSINESS. ALMOST EVERY ASPECT OF OUR OPERATIONS REPRESENTS A ‘GREEN INITIATIVE.’ FROM OUR STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITIES TO THE QUALITY OF OUR INGREDIENTS USED IN THE MENU ITEMS, WE TRY TO EXCEL AT OPERATING A PROFITABLE BUSINESS THAT IS HEALTHY FOR ITS CUSTOMERS AND SAFE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT.
What makes us green?
OUR ECO-FRIENDLY ESTABLISHMENT OFFERS HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES TO FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS WHILE REMAINING PRICE COMPETITIVE. UNLIKE MOST RESTAURANTS,GREEN DAY CAFÉ CONTROLS ITS CARBON-FOOTPRINT, USE OF WATER, AND AVOIDS THE USE OF DAMAGING CHEMICALS WHILE CONDUCTING BUSINESS.GREEN DAY CAF REMAINS TRUE TO ITS GREEN BUSINESS CONCEPT AT ALL TIMES AND ON A DAILY BASIS.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH MANY NATIONAL BRANDS AND DISTRIBUTORS, GREEN DAY CAFE IS PROUD TO CARRY AND SUPPORT PRODUCTS WITH THE FOLLOWING COMMITMENT TO GOING GREEN!
GenGreen Certification. The industry-recognized GenGreen Business Certification gauges a business' environmentally and socially conscious behavior based on their environmental leadership, resource conservation, human capital, purchasing decisions, daily operations and overall sustainability practices.
Green Seal works with manufacturers, industry sectors, purchasing groups, and governments at all levels to "green" the production and purchasing chain. We utilize a life-cycle approach, which means we evaluate a product or service beginning with material extraction, continuing with manufacturing and use, and ending with recycling and disposal. Products only become Green Seal certified after rigorous testing and evaluation, including on-site plant visits.
ENERGY STAR is a government-backed program helping businesses and individuals protect the environment through superior energy efficiency.The Arbor Day Foundation is dedicated to working with our corporate partners to inspire people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. By partnering with the Foundation, you will join a group of other well-respected companies and nearly 1 million members who make a difference through tree-planting.
NatureWorks LLC is an independent company wholly owned by Cargill. Dedicated to meeting the world’s needs today without compromising the earth’s ability to meet the needs of tomorrow, NatureWorks LLC is the first company to offer a family of commercially available low carbon footprint polymers derived from 100-percent annually renewable resources with cost and performance that compete with oil-based plastics and fibers. The production of these biopolymers uses less fossil fuel and emits fewer greenhouse gases than conventional polymers. The company applies its proprietary technology to process natural plant sugars to make Ingeo™ biopolymer, which is then used uniquely to make and market finished products under the Ingeo™ brand name.
Member companies that have their finished products certified as meeting ASTM D6400 and / or ASTM D6868 can use the logo to provide assurance of compostability or biodegradability. The Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion, an organization of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, was established in 1994 to improve the nutrition and well-being of Americans. Toward this goal, the Center focuses its efforts on two primary objectives:
- Advance and promote dietary guidance for all Americans,
- Conduct applied research and analyses in nutrition and consumer economics.The Center's core products to support its objectives are the following:
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- MyPyramid Food Guidance System
- Healthy Eating Index
- U.S. Food Plans
- Nutrient Content of the U.S. Food Supply
- Expenditures on Children by Families
The Certified Green Commercial Program bases Certification on the following criteria:
- ENERGY CONSERVATION With the rise in energy prices, your restaurant cannot afford to be wasteful. We’ll help outfit your commercial kitchen with ENERGY STAR qualified equipment and teach you how to save even more money by operating machines and appliances only when needed. With energy savings, cutting costs can be as simple as turning out the lights.
- WATER CONSERVATION Conserve this precious natural resource and the savings will flow. Energy efficient dishwashers and low-flow pre-rinse sprayers are just two of the many ways to save on H2O. By taking a few simple steps to limit excessive water usage in your kitchen, you can easily stop your profit from spiraling down the drain.
- WASTE REDUCTION Avoid sending your trash to the landfill. Learn to reduce the amount of waste your kitchen produces by composting food scraps, recycling whenever possible and investing in reusable products. Making a few simple changes can go a long way towards reducing your environmental impact.
- GREEN CLEANING By monitoring energy consumption you can reduce your carbon footprint and save money at the same time. Using green cleaning supplies can reducing the harmful chemicals that enter our air and water. We’ll teach you the best practices that will help sweep wasteful habits out the door.
- GREEN EDUCATION Making lasting changes requires a team effort. For any program to take root and grow, your entire organization needs to commit to going green.
Dot5Hosting, an EPA Green Power Partner, certifies that greendaycafe.com is powered by 100% wind energy. That means the servers, data centers and offices supporting greendaycafe.com are powered by renewable energy.Dot5Hosting has purchased Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) to offset our energy use, in an effort to reduce our impact on the environment. That means by hosting with Dot5Hosting, greendaycafe.com is powered by 100% wind energy. By hosting with Dot5Hosting, greendaycafe.com is helping our company prevent the release of 2,660 metric tons of carbon dioxide from entering the atmosphere each year. As a result, our company's energy efficiency is equivalent to planting approximately 2,390 acres of trees, not driving 6.1 million miles, or removing 510 cars from the road.
The Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) label is a sign you are buying wood and paper products from a responsible source, backed by a rigorous, third-party certification audit. Learn more about how SFI Inc. is improving sustainable forest management in North America and supporting responsible fiber sourcing globally.
“Fair trade coffee is purchased from small farmers who form cooperatives through which they sell their beans. Small farmers in Latin America and Asia value their land because they live on or near it and because it has often been in their families for generations. Therefore they are more likely to incorporate sustainable growing practices to protect their soil and water, such as growing under a canopy of trees and using compost instead of harmful chemical pesticides. Large coffee conglomerates lack this connection to the land and typically use slash-and-burn agriculture, which requires a high use of chemical pesticides. This unsustainable method of growing coffee exhausts the soil within a few years, but large coffee growers can afford to move on to fresh land, whereas small farmers know they have to maintain their farms to provide for future generations.”
The CarbonFree Shipping program makes it easy and affordable for partners to reduce their carbon footprint, differentiate their business, and demonstrate their environmental leadership. Whether you are shipping products, other goods, or interested in offsetting your business' shipping generally, we can make your shipping more eco-friendly or carbon neutral.
This logo demonstrates our company’s commitment to the stringent environmental, quality and performance criteria of Environment Canada’s Environmental Choice Program.